Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Princess Bride Video Game - Review!

I recently got the opportunity to review a PC video game called "The Princess Bride". I'm telling you now that if you have an adolescent or pre-teen daughter, this is a must have! I have to admit that I will probably continue playing this game, even though it's meant for someone.. errr younger than I am.

As soon as I popped the CD in my laptop and started the game, the music and graphics had me extremely captivated! There are so many different facets to this game that it keeps you wanting more. Below are a few screen shots from the game. I wanted to be able to show you just how great the graphics are!

On the main menu screen, you can choose which type of game that you want to play. You can choose a trivia game, a puzzle solving game, a time management game, or a seek & find game. Each of these games reveal another part of the story after the level is completed, which keeps you wanting to play more so you can find out if the story has a happy ending!

In the first Episode, As You Wish, you need to manage to complete a variety of tasks in the time alotted. You are given a specific set of goals for each level and you need to figure out which order to do them in to be able to get them all done in time!



The second episode, Battle of the Wits, has your brain really working to solve a variety of trivia type questions.

The third episode, you have to figure out how to get your characters safely through the obstacles from one end to the other.


In the fourth episode, one of the tasks is to find objects from a list hidden in a room. There is another component to this level that really gets your brain working! I'll leave that one as a surprise for the player!



And finally, the fifth episode. This is the final episode to the story and I have yet to find out the ending. I am really looking forward to completing this game and hearing the ending to the story that I am now so invested in!


PC & Mac requirements for this game:
PC- Windows XP/Vista, PC 1.5 GHz or faster, 512 MB RAM, 100 MB available hard disk space, Integrated Sound, Integrated 3D Graphics with 64 MB or higher RAM, (Direct X Compatible).
Mac - Mac 05 X 10.4+, 1.5 GHz or faster, 512 MB RAM, 100 MB available hard disk space, Integrated 3D Graphics with 64 MB or higher RAM, (OpenGL Compatible).

The Princess Bride Game is rated E for everyone!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jesica,

I wish you Yuletide Joy and A Blessed New Year together with your family.

Happy Holidays!

Kristi O said...

I am on my way to buy this for my daughter! thanks for the review!