Monday, November 17, 2008

When it rains it pours!

Sorry I haven't been posting as much lately. I thought it was time to let you all know why. Here are some of the events that have happened in the last week or so:

A little over a week ago, my father-in-law had a heart attack. It was a scary time for my husband and our family. I'm happy to say that he's home from the hospital finally and doing well.

The same night that my father-in-law had his heart attack, my dad was in the hospital as well for internal bleeding. It turns out that the bleeding was a result of an inflamed esophagus from his terrible bouts of acid reflux. Thank goodness it wasn't anything serious! He was able to go home the next day after some observation of his blood levels.

Last Thursday I picked the boys up from daycare to find Keegan's eye all puffy and oozing with yellow discharge. Yuck! I took him to the doctor to find out that he had periorbital cellulitis and an ear infection. He was put on an antibiotic and his eye was back to normal by Saturday evening.

The biggest scare of them all though, happened this past Friday. My mom calls me and says that my dad had called her at work and said that he had just called 911 because he couldn't breathe. She arrived at home just in time to talk to one of the EMT's and to follow them to the hospital. He was about 5 minutes from being put on a respirator and completely blue. He's had a history of emphysima and congestive heart failure. After a night of observation in the ICU, he was stable and breathing clearly again. His cardiologist did a heart cathederization this afternoon and he should be discharged tomorrow.

Now, I'm sick with a terrible cold/flu and miserable. I've been in bed for two days and am hoping that I'll wake up in the morning feeling all better.

Pray with me that this storm will be over soon!

Photobucket

1 comment:

kel said...

oh man, what an awful week! I hope this one goes better for you!